Wednesday 16 October 2013

No Chance To Surf, So Break Out The Camera.



Once again I found myself in Oman over the Islamic festival of Eid Al Adha, but unlike other Eid trips I didn't witness the death of goats at dawn. Instead, we spent a few days on a remote beach on the east coast of Oman, a favourite area for surf.  Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave my surfboards behind so spent the days sipping Tiger beer, playing with my kids, spooning with my wife and enjoying the company of (non-surfing) friends. It also meant I had time to whip out my camera and tripod and to take a few images.


Seascapes are some of my favourite pictures, but they're not easy to get 'just right'. Waves have a mind of their own so it takes a few tries to get something worthwhile. Both images above where made within 20 minutes of each other, notice the dramatic change in colour temperature as the sun went down.


sunburnt ... and in need of a shave

No comments:

Post a Comment